Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and discomfort

Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 18 Sep 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi
I have stomach pain and discomfort for three days. I feel nauseated and cant eat a whole meal. The pain is mostly after eating. Its not a very sharp pain but discomfort. I have been taking naproxen for past 8 months but I took only around 80 tablets(500 mg) in 8 months. I have had no vomitting but when i eat i feel nausea. Do i have an ulcer?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be an ulcer. Take a proton pump inhibitor

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).
It appears to be acid peptic disease ranging from increase in acid only to erosions to ulcer. Since you are taking naproxen it may be an ulcer also. I will advise you to take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like domperidone. If you are not relieved then I will advise you to visit a Gastroenterologist who may advise you an endoscopy to confirm wheteher there is ulcer or something else.
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Amit Jain 47 minutes later
yesterday my CRP was <5 and Hb 17.7, I want to avoid an endosocopy, Can I wait for a week to observe if it gets worse?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can wait for a week

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for feedback. Yes sure you can wait for a week.
If you do not have any further query , you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.