Suggest treatment for nausea in a child

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Child Health
Question: Is there any medicine I can give my 7 year old daughter to ease her nausea? She came home early from school with a stomach bug, which her brother had earlier this week. She has vomited several times today and this evening. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to gastritis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query. Your daughter's problem seems to be due to gastritis.

In order to relieve him, you need to ask her do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Give Lanzol Junior tablet (lansoprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Give Ondansetron, an antiemetic, if the nausea still persists.
* Give plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular playing or exercise for at 1 hour a day to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Give curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.

Hope that helps.

Let me know if I could help further.