Suggest treatment for nausea followed by vomiting and fatigue

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am 25 years old and was diagnosed with pneumonia almost 6 weeks ago. I got on antibiotics and slowly began to feel better. This past Monday the 17th was the first day I could take a full breath without coughing. But yesterday afternoon, I suddenly became very nauseated. After getting home from work, I immediately began vomiting. Must have been vomiting on and off for about 6 hours. Today I no longer feel nauseous but have body aches, a headache, I feel warm, cannot take a full breath, and serious fatigue. Is it possible I'm relapsing from pneumonia? If I feel worse tomorrow I plan on going to the doctor, but was hoping to get an opinion here first. I returned to work on day five of my antibiotics. In general, I work 8-5 Monday-Friday, but Tuesday/Wednesday I work till about 9, and work 10-4 on Saturdays. Am I overdoing it? Am I still not well enough to work a full day?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acute gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from acute gastritis. It could be induced due to added stress at work plus the recovery phase of pneumonia.
Here is what you should do

1. Tab Omeprazole once before food for 5 days. Best drug would be omeprazole with domperidone combination however that might require a prescription
2. Follow a bland diet
3. Avoid caffeine, milk and milk products
4. Avoid smoking and alcohol

I dont think it is a relapse of pneumonia, adequately treated pneumonia rarely relapses and the symptoms are most often fever and cough not vomiting

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me