Suggest treatment for nausea, dizziness and tingling sensation in the arms

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I was walking the other day & all the sudden I felt nauseous, light headed & my arms & legs were tingling. I stopped & leaned against a tree for about 5 minutes, started walking again, it was hard to make it to a bench. Then I sat for about 15 minutes & felt good enough to go to the car & drive home. What the heck happened. I am 63, in fairly good shape.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Nausea, dizziness, paresthesias ( tingling ) in extremities at age of 63 all of a sudden self resolving should be followed up with some baseline work up like heart studies and work up for neurovascular abnormalities like stroke , peripheral neuropathy etc. I would also suggest an ear examination as well to sort out any vestibular dysfunctions as age related ear disorders can trigger such episodes too.

Go to your doctor , let them rule out any sinister cause of such episodes and once ruled out be advised for rest some times and maintaining good lifestyle and healthy activities . As benign conditions like dehydration, missed meal, hot humid weather can trigger it.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan