Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

122 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for nausea and pain under stress situation

Answered by
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 3614 Questions

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I was having mild chest discomfort when breathing in. I took some Advil and it feels much much better. I have a history of anxiety and I am currently experiencing a very traumatic event. My mother in law and dear friend is in hospice care. Much of this care has fallen to my husband and I as her husband is unsuited for this. She has been like a mother to me for the past 17 years. I made an appointment to see my doctor in 2 weeks. It is important to know that I have had similar physical symptoms of anxiety under equally stressful circumstances over the past 5 years. I am not experiencing nausea, or sweating or radiating pain. I went to see a massage therapist, as I have done in the past and she could not believe how tense and knotted I was. I felt better after seeing her. With this history, how concerned should I be?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not at all concerned just relax

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
I can understand the trouble and want you to know that these are just recurrence of anxiety attack and recent traumatic events has played a role in it.
Just relax and get some psychotherapy and all the ways to relax like massage therapy vocation therapy and recreational therapy. Advil helped. That's good.
Rest assured there is nothing to g er t concerned about. Just get some help you can at an earliest convenience.
Man is a social animal and environment and stress affect its moods and behaviour.jusy trying not to be overwhelmed by it the key.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Radiating pain

doctor1 MD

I have pain on the back of my leg and the inside of my thigh just above my knee, it sometimes radiates down to my ankle. the pain is more of a dull ache mostly in the calf area. It gets worse when I drive and it comes on sudden.

doctor1 MD

My inquiry is about my 51 year-old father, he's recovering from a recent UTI. He's still experiencing frequent urination and pain in his external urinary meatus . He described the pain as a wound that's getting bigger. He also tested negative for...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i have a pain in my lower back last 7 days please suggest something to get relief

doctor1 MD

my wife has gallstones. multiple calculi floating and measuring 5-7mm. She complained about dull radiating pain about a week ago. the pain has subsided now but she has dizziness on and off. doctors advice removal of the gall bladder. I am confused and wondering what to do

doctor1 MD

My 10 yr. old daughter has a T5 compression fracture caused by a lesion of unknown origin. Two biopsies were performed. The first was unsuccessful so the Dr. offered to tx her as if it were Langerhans cell histiocytosis which was the only diagnosis that matched her x-ray according to him; low dose chemo/steroids. We opted for a second biopsy which revealed a inactive infection of unknown origin. She is currently on 500 mg bid of Amox-Clav for 6 weeks and is in a brace. After 2 weeks, of antibiotics and about a month in the brace, she is still waking up in the middle of the night with pain that starts out as a tingling radiating pain that wraps around from her back to her chest and then becomes a stabbing pain. She states her level of pain is about an 8. She has a difficulty time breathing at times, and her sternum seems to be protruding even more. We have been dealing with this since late October 2013. I am confused as to why she is receiving antibiotics for an inactive infection and am wondering what this infection could ve been caused by.

doctor1 MD

I am 49 years old, I had a very bad pain on the right side of my body under my breast, with radiating pain to lower stomach, and chest area. I went to the doctor after a weekend of doubled over pain and very sore to touch. the dr. ordered a gallbladder sonogram. I have a gallbladder polyp 7mm. I have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow. Should I be concerned, the polyp has increased in size.

doctor1 MD

I currently have kidney stones which I think I passed, but still have radiating pain which goes to my lower abdomen then down my right leg. the pain is a level 3-4. I am taking ibuprofen for the pain and have had kidney stones in the past so I havent been to see a doctor yet and I have not had any emesis episodes just nausea. what do you recommend?