Suggest treatment for nausea and pain under stress situation

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I was having mild chest discomfort when breathing in. I took some Advil and it feels much much better. I have a history of anxiety and I am currently experiencing a very traumatic event. My mother in law and dear friend is in hospice care. Much of this care has fallen to my husband and I as her husband is unsuited for this. She has been like a mother to me for the past 17 years. I made an appointment to see my doctor in 2 weeks. It is important to know that I have had similar physical symptoms of anxiety under equally stressful circumstances over the past 5 years. I am not experiencing nausea, or sweating or radiating pain. I went to see a massage therapist, as I have done in the past and she could not believe how tense and knotted I was. I felt better after seeing her. With this history, how concerned should I be?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not at all concerned just relax

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
I can understand the trouble and want you to know that these are just recurrence of anxiety attack and recent traumatic events has played a role in it.
Just relax and get some psychotherapy and all the ways to relax like massage therapy vocation therapy and recreational therapy. Advil helped. That's good.
Rest assured there is nothing to g er t concerned about. Just get some help you can at an earliest convenience.
Man is a social animal and environment and stress affect its moods and behaviour.jusy trying not to be overwhelmed by it the key.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX