Suggest treatment for nausea and diarrhea

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 30 Aug 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I get really sick from Nassau after shower and bowel movement what is the cause and treatment?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral enteritis.

Detailed Answer:
Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.

Most likely you are suffering from Gastroenteritis.Also commonly referred to as infectious diarrhoea, is a gastric disorder. The gastrointestinal tract, which comprises of the small intestine and stomach gets inflamed.It is marked by diarrhoea,vomiting and nausea.Depending on the cause, viral enteritis symptoms may appear within one to three days after you're infected and can range from mild to severe. Symptoms usually last just a day or two, but occasionally they may persist as long as 10 days.

Treatment-
Anti-diarrhoeal medication (such as loperamide(imodium) upto 16 mg a day) ,Its OTC.
Take 5 days antibiotic and anti protozoal course.
Tab Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day(9a.m-9 p.m)
Tab Metronidazole 400 mg twice daily(9a.m-9p.m)
Tab Zofran 4mg twice(anti emetic) OTC
you would start feeling much better after single dose. Ciprofloxacin and metronidazole are antibiotics and you may need a prescription for them

Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration–You need to drink more than usual to replace the fluids lost from vomiting nauseaand diarrhoea. Cleaner water is best, but you could also try fruit juice and soup.
Get plenty of rest.

If you feel like eating, try small amounts of plain foods, such as soup, rice, pasta and bread.
Use special rehydration drinks made from sachets electral solution to maintain depleted electrolyte levels in serum.Depletion of electrolyte results in weekness.

Brief Answer:
Recurrent infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Take complete 5 days therapy dear patient.
Don't worry you would start feeling much better in a day.
Take a probiotic like VSL#3 once daily also.It helps in improving overall digestion.
However cause of the relapses after shower can't be explained(Human body is different and every individual has different presentation).

Follow up after 3 days
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 33 minutes later
This problem has been going for a while now this happens again after taking a shower and lately after bowel movement