question-icon

Suggest treatment for nausea and GERD when diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease

Posted on Sat, 7 May 2016
Question: I have had a diagnosis of severe PID in the past and continue to have symptoms caused by adhesions. The symptoms now seem to give me bowel blockage symptoms with severe low sacral pain whenever constipated. I am taking Colace twice a day and Miralax every other evening. My LMD wants me to get bowel problems corrected before she refers me to a gastroenterologist. ( This would be on my own!) I have had severe diverticulosis and polyps on previous endoscopies and am not due for another endoscopy for one more year. I don't know what more I can do on my own, without a referral, and I am getting more and more symptomatic with sacral pain , nausea, GERD, and general miserableness. I am a nurse that is becoming desperate for help.
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh (13 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX Do not worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM
Thank you for your query
I have read your query and understand your concern

Don't worry
You need to try following things.
1)Increase your water intake
2)Have high fiber diet with lots of salads and fruits
3)Go for regular brisk walk
4)Avoid straining for stools
5)Can take Miralax that you are taking daily
6)Can try taking mild analgesic like paracetamol which is safe and available over the counter
7)Reduce stress and anxiety as far as possible
8)Ensure proper eating and sleeping habits

Try meditation and yoga if feasible
This will help your GERD and other symptoms in long run

Hopefully this answers your questions
Best wishes
Wish you a speedy recovery
Happy to help

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh

Gastroenterologist