Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for nasal septum deviation

Aug 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1025 Questions
My nasal septum is deviated significantly, and I thing I need surgery as my breathing is severely hampered. However, bajaj Allianz with who I have my family's health insurance for many years refuses to acknowledge the problem. How can I proceed, and what is the post surgery recovery period
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
go for FESS

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to health care magic,

I see your problem and you need to understand that no one goes for simple septoplasty which is just a correction of the deviated septum.

In most of the better centers and doctors with good nasal surgery experience, the ideal surgery is a complete package called the FESS or the functional endoscopic sinus surgery which is a combination of septoplasty, sinus surgery and if needed turbinoplasty.

This surgery makes sure that your nose block will get corrected by sure and also your sinuses will be cleared of any future major problem!

I have myself done around thousand and you can certainly get back to me on this.

I would definitely recommend you to consult an ENT who is an expert in FESS in your area and go for this surgery. This surgery is the latest in the field of ENT and done without any suture or scar and does not change the shape of your face!

Finally the best part is that FESS is covered under insurance!

You must understand that I am not giving you ways to by pass insurance but just giving you the proper protocol and surgery to be done for effective treatment of your problem.

The post surgery recovery period is around one week for both surgeries

Hope this helps and if you have any other doubts I will be glad to help


Dr Sriram Nathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor