Suggest treatment for nasal infection

ENT Specialist
Question
I'm 37 w pregnant... today suddenly it's bleeding from my left nostril... what may b the reason and what I need to do... is it due to heat ???
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Epistaxis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to health care Magic and thanks for putting up the query
Bleeding from nose during pregnancy can be due to just nasal infection or allergy or it can be due to high blood pressure or hormonal.
Please tell me how much bleed was there? Just a trickle or heavy bleed.
Any nasal allergy?
Any trauma to nose like finger nail trauma?
It is better to get examined yourself by an Ent specialist and even get your blood pressure checked.
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.

Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for nasal infection 1 hour later
Flow was medium not heavy and it was for 5min... I lied on bed for 5 min after that it stopped...this is the first time I had bleeding... sat my Bp was 128/78... and I didn't have any trauma to nose ... I don't have any allergy

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Epistaxis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Mild bleeding from nose can be there during pregnancy due to hormonal changes but you must once get examined yourself by an Ent specialist to rule out any nasal pathology.
You should inform your obstetrician too about that. A recurrence might need investigations like a liver function test etc.

Thanks and regards