Suggest treatment for nasal congestion while on Otrivin
Is it OK to use Otrivin Pediatric for 9.5 month old baby for nasal congestion?
Thanks in advance
Stem inhalation and saline nasal drops are more preferable
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections. You need to give steam inhalation to your child. It helps in reducing the congestion. Just sit with your child on your lap and place the source of steam before you. The water vapor will be in the air and automatically the child will breathe it in. Water vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and thus would provide relief. Use Nasoclear Saline Nasal Drops in case of nose block. Give Otrivin Pediatric Drops only if steam inhalation does not provide full relief. Use of this medicine is likely to increase the tendency of recurrence.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for intense nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion due to sinus
- Treatment and cure for chronic nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for severe nasal congestion
- Is bromfed used in the treatment of nasal congestion?
- Treatment and cure for Nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for earache with nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for cough and nasal congestion
- Treatment and cure for rebound nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever