question-icon

Suggest treatment for nasal congestion in a child with mild fever

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Question: My three year old had a mild fever of 99 degrees yesterday, which is gone now. However he is still congested, and has yellow/green mucus coming out of his nose. He still has clear stuff coming out also. Does he need a prescription, or do I let his body do the work?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (8 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You should wait for spontaneous recovery.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, your son is mostly having viral infection.
Usual time for recovery in viral infection is 1-2 weeks.
So in my opinion, you should wait for spontaneous recovery in him.
Give him plenty of fluids orally to maintain hydration.
He will mostly recover.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your son. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist