Suggest treatment for nasal congestion, cough, sore throat and ear pain

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I Blew my nose and my left ear popped now painful I have a slight cough and slight sore throat am currently taking Cefadroxil for my leg injury got infected Will This Help?? How do I Pop my ear when I burp or Swallow it HURTS!!!
I Blew my nose and My Ear Popped Painful!! I have a slight cough and sore throat am currently taking Cefodroxil 500 mg will that help ?? How do I Pop My ear Back ??
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please the following discussion.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
The symptoms are due to congestion of the nose and block of the Eustachian tube, the tube connecting your nose and the middle ear.
In addition to the antibiotic Cefadroxil , you would also require medicines to reduce the congestion of the nose and the block of the Eustachian tube. You would require a nasal spray like Otrivin , an oral decongestant and an antihistamine for quick resolution of the problem.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.