Suggest treatment for nasal congestion, clogged ears and headache
Viral infection that will take its time
I have read your question and I understand your concern.
This viral infection you are going through is very common for this season. It may last up to 4-5 days. After reading your description, I wanted to congratulate you for the steps you have taken to take care of yourself and the medicine you have used.
The most important thing you can do now is to stay hydrated. This will dilute the amount of virus and toxins in your blood, and will also dilute the mucus and free your sinuses and nose up.
Do not use anymore sudafed or afrin. They have a rebound effect after a prolonged use, and they can cause a stronger congestion which will make it very hard to breathe. Keep using saline solution and also hot tea and hot beverages.
What I worry about is the clogging ears. I am afraid that if this flu lasts long, your immune system may suffer a lot from this condition and thus make it easier for a bacterial infection to proliferate in your middle ear and sinuses.
If you start seeing hard mucus, have fever and high temperature, and also a drop in hearing, please visit an ENT specialist!
Hope I have answered your question! If you have anything else, please write me.
Wish you health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for intense nasal congestion
- Nasal congestion headache
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion
- Sweats nasal congestion headache
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion due to sinus
- Suggest treatment for severe nasal congestion
- Treatment and cure for Nasal congestion
- Nasal congestion clogged ear cloudy head
- Suggest treatment for earache with nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for cough and nasal congestion