Suggest treatment for nasal bone growth with breathing difficulty

Dr. Ashwini Kolur

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in Ayurveda
Question: Sir, my wife has suffering the nose bone growth problem and find difficulties for breathing. Drs has suggested to do surgery. but I understand even after operation, after somw period of years it regrows again. also it casing nose bone bent.

Is it correct?
please guide us.
Is their any aurvedic treatment to cure this problem?
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
surgery can offer permanent relief, has good result

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have gone through your query, what exact diagnosis has been made.

Based on the information provided by you, it is either a part of the deviated septum (the central bone of the nose) or an enlarged turbinate ( a tissue found in the nose). It may rarely be a polyp but by your description it does not seem likely.

If you do not get it operated then the block will increase with time, medication will usually be beneficial till you take them. Only surgery can offer you a permanent relief and has good result.

If there consultant has decided for surgery, it is based on your examination and meant for the benefit of you.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina