Suggest treatment for nasal block when suffering from hay fever
OTC nasal decongestant.
Thank you for your query.
1. Get an OTC nasal decongestant drops or spray containing 0.1% Xylometazoline and instill 3-4 drops in both nostrils.
2. This will help you get through this episode of nasal stuffiness. This medication is only for short term use. Do not use it more than twice a day for more than two weeks at a time.
3. Steam inhalation may help. You may take this for 15 minutes at a time, more than once a day.
4. See an ENT Specialist as soon as possible. If chest tightness does not decrease, visit an ER.
I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hay fever blocked nose
- Hay fever nasal cream
- Suggest medication for hay fever
- Is nasacort used in the treatment of hay fever?
- Severe hay fever treatment
- Natural hay fever treatments
- Injection for hay fever sufferers
- Treatment and cure for hay fever
- Hay fever treatments
- Hay fever treatment in pregnancy