Suggest treatment for nasal bleeding

Dr. Riddhi Shah

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Bleeding in nose
Answered by Dr. Riddhi Shah 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi,thank you for posting your query on health care magic.

You have given the information of your concern very shortly.

If you are suffering from Nasal Bleeding at present,then I would advise you to pinch your nostrils for about 5-6 minutes and take breathe through your mouth.In most of the cases,bleeding will stop in this way.

Now,I would like to ask you few questions ,so that I can get a better idea of what might be the cause of Nasal Bleeding.

1.)Are you suffering from Cold/Cough?
2.)Did nasal bleeding started spontaneously or you tried to clean your nose by self or it started after you coughed/blowed your nose forcefully?
3.)Have you suffered previous attacks of Nasal Bleeding or this is the first attack?
4.)How much amount of nasal bleeding you suffered:Scanty/moderate/severe?
5.)From which nasal cavity,bleeding occured?
6.)Are you suffering from Fever?
7.)Have you suffered bleeding from other sites of the body?

Please answer the questions.I am waiting for your answers.Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad