• question-icon

Suggest treatment for narrowing of the carotid artery

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Veins and Arteries
Question: would there be pain associated with carotid artery issues? no other symptoms of stroke, just a dull pain in the area of the carotid artery for a couple days.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I am sure the pain is due to other local causes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to health care magic,
even if there is narrowing of carotid artery, there will be no pain there. I am sure the pain is due to other local causes.
It may be an inflamed lymph gland or a local muscle spasm/pull.
Please try taking something like Ibuprofen 400 along with an acid reducing medicine like Omeprazole 20 for about three days if the pain is really bothersome.
If it increases or persists--do get examined by your doctor.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Geeta Sundar