Suggest treatment for narcolepsy
You can be treated by your primary care Doctor also.
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Until you see your Neurologist,you should follow lifestyle modifications in order to manage symptoms of narcolepsy.
These modification include following a schedule about sleeping, taking short naps during the day, avoid stimulants such alcohol, caffeine, nicotine.
Exercise regularly and avoid as much as possible stressful situations, fatigue etc.
You can also discuss with your primary care Doctor about prescribing drugs such modafinil, or armodafinil until you see your Neurologist.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Malignant narcolepsy
- Treatment and cure for narcolepsy
- Homeopathic treatment for narcolepsy
- Is narcolepsy a disability
- Narcolepsy salmonella
- Narcolepsy in men
- Neurofibromatosis and narcolepsy
- Is ritalin used in the treatment of narcolepsy?
- Diagnosis of narcolepsy
- On medication for narcolepsy having nervousness suggestion
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?