Suggest treatment for narcolepsy

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have.narcolepsy and had planned on moving so my neurologist here released me and won't help me until I can get in to see him again I don't know own what to do
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can be treated by your primary care Doctor also.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Until you see your Neurologist,you should follow lifestyle modifications in order to manage symptoms of narcolepsy.

These modification include following a schedule about sleeping, taking short naps during the day, avoid stimulants such alcohol, caffeine, nicotine.

Exercise regularly and avoid as much as possible stressful situations, fatigue etc.

You can also discuss with your primary care Doctor about prescribing drugs such modafinil, or armodafinil until you see your Neurologist.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana