Suggest treatment for narcolepsy

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: hi,
i have i problem with falling asleep.. not even kidding its getting worse.. im only 22 years old and i fall asleep standing up sometimes (rarely but it happeneds) mostly when i go driving thou. . any more than half hour driving and i doze off, not even kidding, like every 2 minutes i doze off.. o have tried EVERYTHING!! no doze, triple shot coffees, energy drinks, music up loud, window down with wind in my face, ive even slapped myself in the face but even that doesnt work! within 5 minutes im falling alseep again! ive even veared off the road a couple of time and hit the gravel and got a fright but even that doesnt work.. within 5 mins im falling alseep again 😦 and ive even been that frustrated with myself i pull my car over and cry and ud think id be awake then but it still doesnt keep me awake.. with 5 minutes of driving im falling asleep again.. ive even had someone in the car with me talking to me and still!!!! i keep dozing off 😢
please help me!! why is this happening??
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get done sleep study.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Thanks for your detailed information.
By your history and description, possibility of narcolepsy is more.
So better to consult sleep specialist and get done clinical examination and sleep study.
It is common in depression, stressful life and tensed people.
So please let me know
1. Are you having stressful life?
2. Are you having any psychiatric disease like depression, anxiety etc?
3. Have you ever undergone sleep study?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 5 hours later
thank you for your reply.
no i dont have depression and i dont have anxiety or a stressful life??
i am a baker amd i run 2 home buisnesses but they are all really cruisy jobs...
no i have never undergone sleep study??
how do i go about that??
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get done sleep study first.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on HCM.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should first get sleep study. It's a test done by a sleep specialist. There is a possibility of narcolepsy. So consult sleep specialist and discuss about possibility of narcolepsy.

Hope I have solved your query. If you are not having further queries, then please close the conversation and rate my answer.
You can ask me directly on XXXX
Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 43 minutes later
thank you
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please close the conversation and rate my answer.

Detailed Answer:
I am glad that my advice is helpful to you. It's always encouraging for doctors to hear positive feedback from patients.
You can ask me directly on XXXX
Wish you good health. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist