Suggest treatment for nail dystrophy

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Apr 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I am suffering from my nails..all of them cracked..and cut..can i know why from a medical point?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Twenty nail dystrophy

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome to healthcaremagic. Thanks for the query and photograph. You have developed a condition called as twenty nail dystrophy. It usually happens due to nutritional deficiency.
I treat such cases with capsule vitamin E and topical fluticasone cream. This gives good relief.
You too can try this. Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you,
Dr. Rahul Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
thnks doctroe,

is there any bad effects for the capsule vitamin E and topical fluticasone cream? or easily i can proceed and use them?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
No side effect

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
There is nothing to worry.
You can directly start off with Vitamin E and fluticasone.
There are no side effects.
Hope this helps you.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj