Suggest treatment for nagging dry cough behind prominentia laryngea despite taking Levothyroxine
This might be caused by acid reflux!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this nagging cough that you have reported. From the description of your symptoms, it is suggestive of acid reflux. What happens is that acid from the stomach returns to the throat and causes irritation. This may be accompanied by the sensation of a foreign body stuck in your throat. Most of my clients are managed with omeprazole and the results have been very convincing.
I will recommend you try omeprazole at doses recommended by your pharmacist. I am sure you would feel a lot better. If this fails to happen, Then I would recommend that you seek medical consultation. Beside, are you on any other medications beside levothyroxine and Zyrtec?
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic treatment dry cough
- Treatment and cure for dry cough
- Persistent dry cough treatment
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent dry cough with wheezing
- Suggest the medication for dry cough
- Treatment for childs dry cough despite giving cetrizine
- Suggest treatment for dry cough
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough
- What is the treatment for dry cough