Suggest treatment for myositis
Dear Sir ,
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that in myositis steroid is the best drug but such high dose will cause side effects . It should be started in a dose of 1 mg/Kg body weight plus the various steroid sparing drugs like azathioprine can be added to reduce the steroid dose further . You should also take the calcium and vitamin D supplements .
Rituximab can also be used as off label drug in patients resistant to all drugs.
I feel like your answer is not new to me as somehow I have heard these replies before, esp. about prednizone which in any dose has been disastrous to me. In the medical world, are there some drugs or medicines that I have not tried. What about any developments from the myositis center of Johns XXXXXXX which you may have encountered?
thank you. XXXX
Thank you for reverting back.
Well I understand that you have a vast knowledge regarding the subject but the limitation comes when it comes to treatment . There is a standard regimen . All other molecules are not yet recommended and thus are used off label as I said about rituximab .You can try being on methotrexate if you have not used it earlier .
In XXXXXXX XXXXXXX centre one trial is going on regarding the use of BAF molecule but its going to take long before the drug will be available in market for use .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for granulomatous myositis
- Treatment and cure for infectious myositis
- Inclusion body myositis treatment
- Myositis ossificans traumatica treatment
- Treatment and cure for streptococcal myositis
- Ayurvedic treatment for myositis ossificans
- Treatment and cure for viral myositis
- Myositis ayurveda treatments
- Treatment and cure for inflammatory myositis
- Myositis ossificans treatment