Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
Myopia will be corrected by glasses!
Thanks for choosing health care magic for your query!
The problem your child is having is called Myopia.Myopia or Nearsightedness, is the most common refractive error of the eye, and it has become more prevalent in recent years.
A recent study by the National Eye Institute (NEI) shows the prevalence of myopia grew from 25 percent of the U.S. population (ages 12 to 54) in 1971-1972 to a whopping 41.6 percent in 1999-2004.
Though the exact cause of myopia is unknown, But most likely it has something to do with eye fatigue from computer use and other extended near vision tasks, coupled with a genetic predisposition for myopia.
As per your question yes you should take her to glass shop centre where she would be checked for spherical and cylindrical power of lens.After that glasses will be given to her.
As she is child glasses are only option however surgery can also be done when she is over 18 years age to correct her power using laser.
As off now take her to a glass shop get her eyes checked up and give her glasses.
Ask her to avoid over use of screens ,laptop XXXXXXX ,television to prevent further increase in power!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for degenerative myopia
- Treatment and cure for pathological myopia
- Treatment and cure for Severe myopia
- Myopia ayurvedic treatment
- High myopia treatment
- Suggest treatment for poor eyesight due to myopia
- Treatment and cure for axial myopia
- Treatment and cure for myopia
- Treatment and cure for progressive myopia
- Suggest treatment for pathological myopia
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?