Suggest treatment for mycotoxicosis with excessive dehydration

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Infections
Question: I have mycotoxicosis - toxic mold poisoning - and my body sweats so much at night that my sheets are literally soaked and have to be line dried every day. This did not used to happen, and is as if my body recognizes innately that these mycotoxins need to be excreted. My question is this: Since I have no idea how much fluid I am excreting through my skin every night, Is there a way for me to gauge whether I am getting close to or experiencing dehydration and consequent problems related to dehydration?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Signs of dehydration

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

It is important to keep yourself well hydrated when you are excessively sweating .

Here are some of the signs of dehydration

1. Increased thirst
2. Headache
3. Dry tongue

A more tedious way to measure hydration status is to measure weight when you are well hydrated and then again after you feel you are worn out, the difference is what is deficit

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX I only weigh 124 lbs. But I drink about 12-13 glasses of minerals water daily. And I still get thirsty and sometimes get headaches, perhaps from the excessive sweat excretion at night. What would you say is the largest quantity of water I could drink daily to combat potential or actual dehydration?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back. It is important that you undergo evaluation for increased thirst inspite of drinking 12 glasses of water. I dont think this is related to mold toxicity. You can drink about 3-4 litres of water per day to combat dehydration

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D