Suggest treatment for myasthenia gravis

Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz

Posted on Mon, 26 May 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: (9 months accompanied by ocular myasthenia gravis. I've been through all of the allopathic protocols. including pyridostigmine. I refused to accept immune suppression drugs, including statins. Why? Because the doctors insist MG is an incurable disease. Why then would want to add substances into my body that might exacerbate additional significant problems, i.e., infections or liver, kidney and heart disease, even cancer? Currently my symptoms include double vision, weakness in neck muscles, and difficulty swallowing. I know these to be symptomatic of MG. I have recently had a Barium test authorized by a gastroenterologist. The result showed no obstruction; however, the peristalsis of the esophagus appears to have ceased; ergo, the two major symptoms presently are double vision and difficulty swallowing (often resulting in regurgitation). I am under a neurologist's care. I understand there are emotional stimuli behind this disease. For some, when anxiety and stress are recognized and eliminated, so is the disease.
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
MG

Detailed Answer:
Hello.Delighted to be able to help.
Immunosuppressive drugs can cause infections but not,initially, kidney and heart disease or cancer. Also within the drugs that cause immunosuppression, must be distinguished:
-Biological Therapy as Infliximab or Ritiximab.
-Immunosuppressive Drugs as Cyclosporin or Azathioprine.
-Corticosteroids as Prednisone.
With the use of biological therapy and immunosuppressive drugs,the risk is higher but immunosuppression with corticosteroids, the risk is minimal.
I recommend taking Prednisone to treat your Myasthenia Crisis because only with control of emotional factors is impossible that your symptoms improve.
I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D