Suggest treatment for myasthenia gravis disease

Posted on Wed, 16 Nov 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I need to know more about myasthenia gravis(sp) . Including the treatment , medicine, etc.

Please include any other meds that I should be taking.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need more detailed evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.

I have noted your clinical details. You need further investigations. Most important ones are: 1. Acetylcholine receptor antibody assay, 2. CT scan of chest.

If the antibody levels are high, you would require mycophenolate tablets also. If CT scan shows any enlargement of thymus gland, then thymectomy (to remove the thymus gland) would be required.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist