Suggest treatment for muscular spasm in the feet
Need some details to guide you better
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for your complaint. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. You traveled 5 days back and still after 5 days you are having sleep feeling in leg??
2. any history of recent or old trauma, specially to back?
3. is there any history of pain radiating to thigh and leg?
4. Does sleep feeling improves on leg movement?
5. does sleep feeling remains continuously or starts after some particular time or activity??
6. do you have any history of diabetes, hypertension or other illness?
7. any other symptom that you would like to share?
I'll be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
5. It's constant, but a little better in the morning right after I get up
7. Went into a message therapist and she stated my calf muscle was very tight and had limited motion, and the acillies was extremely tight. She was able to work to loosen both up, but numbness is still there, but more so in my foot.
Mort Probably muscular spasm
Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. There are two possible causes for your symptoms.
First, spasm of muscles & tendon in leg.
Second, problem in lumbo-sacral spine causing numbness of foot. Strain due to exercise is an important factor causing these problems. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following measures:
- T. Naproxen twice a day for the time being.
- take adequate rest.
- if possible avoid driving for few days.
- avoid lifting heavy weight till you become healthy again.
- ask some family member to do oil massage on your leg. It will also give soothing effect.
Hopefully you will observe improvement soon but If problem persists then please visit hospital for further workup & physiotherapy. You can also discuss with your treating doctor for MRI lumbo-sacral spine to check the status of nerve compression(that causes numbness).
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for skin burn on feet
- Suggest treatment for edema feet
- Suggest treatment for callus under the feet
- Facial spasms treatment catalyst treatment
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on feet
- Suggest treatment for clonic hemifacial spasm
- Treatment and cure for muscular spasm
- Have black patches on feet suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen legs and feet
- Suggest treatment for pain due to muscle spasms