Suggest treatment for muscular pain, vertigo and numbness

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Back Pain
Question: I am a 30 yr old mother of a 9 months baby..i have had muscular pain and pain in my neck with a small lump on my left shoulder..have had a feeling of numbness for a couple of months now..i have been detected with vitamin D level 14..i am not able to continue with my daily activities normally ..i am tired most of the seems every part of my body hurts..have had a feeling of vertigo for sometime the xray done for cervical spine but its not very serious bad is my condition,, will the supplements be ok to treat it?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Generally a benign condition and is usually self limiting.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.

It seems you are suffering from cervical spondylitis, feeling of vertigo in your case is termed as CERVICAL VERTIGO. This is generally a benign condition and is usually self limiting.

The general treatment guidelines for her condition is as follows -

Use a soft cervical Collar: Soft collar allow the muscles of the neck to rest and limit neck motion. This can help decrease pinching of nerve roots with movement. Soft collars should only be worn for short periods of time, because long-term wear can decrease the strength of neck muscles.

Medicines: Analgesic are needed in the acute phase (Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Naproxen etc). Muscle relaxants are essential for relieving muscle spasm. Neurotropic vitamins like METHYLCOBALAMINE orPREGABALIN will help in alleviating the neuropathic pain.

Physiotherapy: Once the acute phase of pain has subsided, Isometric strengthening exercises of the paravertebral muscles are started, under the supervision of a qualified physiotherapist . Improving neck strength and flexibility with simple exercises may lessen discomfort and pain. Moist heat can be useful.

Antihistamine preparations - Symptomatic relief from the spinning sensation can be achieved by taking antihistamines like BETAHISTINE, after consulting a physician.

Taking Vit d supplement will be helpful.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 5930 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Short periods

doctor1 MD

Hello, During an ER visit for high heart rate after using kratom (which is known now to block some potassium channels in the heart thereby...

doctor1 MD

hi, I have a mild case of cerebral palsy , high cognitive functioning and full functioning of my legs. The only outward sign of the cp is I walk...

doctor1 MD

I am not if I have a cold Sore or not. It is not on my lips, but below my lower lip.

doctor1 MD

i went to bathroom dismorning and for the last two days ive been constipated but today i had noticed in my discharge it was odorless and it was...

doctor1 MD

i m 16 years old. i m not sexually active. and my period is extremely irregular, i used to not get it for 3-4 months at a time, and my cycles...

doctor1 MD

Hi, been trying to get pregnant for 6mths now got my period this month i always have suffered bad cramping, but this time it was really bad nothing...

doctor1 MD

hi im 31 years old an female im a little worried, my period was due on the 11th but it started early hours of the 9th, i bled till the 10th {1 day}...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction