Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

139 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for muscular imbalance in shoulder

Answered by
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 4460 Questions

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a nuscular imbalance in my right shoulder. My PT says it is my pecs that are pulling my shoulder forward. This causes forward head posture, rounded shoulders & huge knits & spasms in my levator scapular, traps & rhomboids. I am considering Botox. In your opionion where should the dr inject? Pecs? Trap? Levator? All three?
Thanks for your help!
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I do not think Botox is a good option

Detailed Answer:
Hello madam,
I would not suggest you to use Botox injection for shoulder Dyskinesia. It is a disease which can be tackled by physiotherapy and muscle training and so you will need to contact good shoulder rehabilitation program . Botox is used for spastic muscle and it it only temporary paralyses the muscles. With in few months its effect is over and then You will have same issue.
So again I want to suggest you that you should use exercises for this and no Botox.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 27 minutes later
That is a problem because i have been to 4 different physical therapists and completed every exercose program they have given me and i still have the problem. Can yoh be more specific on who I should contact? I live in XXXXXXX Tennessee.
Thanks for your help!
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to go to sports medicine specialist

Detailed Answer:
I would suggest you to go to a sports medicine specialist doctor rather then a physio. He should guide you to a physiotherapist and also suggest you type of exercises. When you go direct to physio then chances of you getting right exercises is less. I do not know any one personally there.
I hope this answer will help you. Let me know if you want to ask any thing else.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Paralyses

doctor1 MD

Is Ivermectin effective against Demodex infection ?

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with Cervical Stenosis with Myelopathy in 2015. I had surgery at the c5/C6 and a screw placed there. There were issues with c7/c8 but my Nuerologist wanted to wait to treat that. After my surgery, I contracted a Staph Infection at...

doctor1 MD

I have been under a lot of stress lately and now i am having a weird tingling all over, with nausea and sometimes a slight headache. I don't know what is happening and it scares me. I can feel the coming on and dread it because I am weak and...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor my father have got left gangliocapsular bleed 4.6*2.8*3.6 cm surrounding edema and extention to lt lateral ventricle and seepage in to the 3rd and 4rt ventrice his treatment is on he is in the ICU since 25 days now and by the grace of god have opened his eyes and follows commands like 9 of 10 he follows . the doctors have done tracheostomy as he had to be on ventilator for quite some time now he is out of ventilator but the tube is still there the doctor say that it will take some time to remove the tube. his right body is suffering from paralyses doctor my concern is that will he be able to talk after his tracheostomy tube is removed ? will he be normal as he was earlier before the stroke? how long normally such patients take to recover completely?

doctor1 MD

Is there the possibility that MDMA is causing fluid retention behind my eyes? I've taken it a few times every weekend for a few months and my eyes (not so much my vision) seem to be sore. I've seen a doctor about it already but didn't mention the mdma, and she gave me some advil cold and sinus until i have an eye exam done. It causes abit of a headache. Any ideas?

doctor1 MD

Hi there,
I recently moved to Barcelona and my Spanish is limited. I recently took my 7 year old son to see the eye specialist as his teacher said he was having trouble reading. I have noticed in the last 2 weeks that he wakes up with crusty eye lashes. And he did complain a week back that he had something in his eye but I couldn't see anything. So something was going on hence the doctors visit.
The doctor didn't speak English - he performed a eye test which I witnessed and my son got everything right so I know his eye sight is normal. What I don't understand is why he prescribed my son colorcusi cicloplejico eye drops? Is it for Bacterial conjunctivitis treatment or allergic conjunctivits..or something else? Is this serious? What can I do to improve the recovery? Please inform me. He did not advise me to keep my son out of school.

doctor1 MD

my blood pressure is at this moment 151/ 100, took a 10 mg Lisinopril and Im wondering how long it should take before bri
nging my pressure down? I dont take blood pr
essure meds on a daily basis. Help, I feel terrible! My email is YYYY@YYYY yet Im havin problems with my gmail. Could you txt me at 276-245-9273?