Suggest treatment for muscle weakness in the hand

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I felt like I bruised the palm of my left hand about 6 weeks ago.
Sine then I cannot do some functions with my left had, like make a good grip or button my shirt with the left hand
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a nerve related ssue.

Detailed Answer:
Inability to perform functions or inadequate grip is suggestive of a muscle weakness in the hand or due to a nerve root compression. This needs a careful evaluation by a neurologist to find the level of compression. The treatment will depend on the cause. Stretching exercises of the wrist and hand can help to retain the muscle strength.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal