Suggest treatment for muscle twitches
Thanks for posting your query.
It seems that you have muscle twitches or fasciculations. These are small, local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation visible under the skin arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers.
You might consult your doctor who can order
1. a few blood tests including thyroid function tests,
2. Serum electrolytes including Serum calcium and potassium levels.
3. Serum B12 levels
In case the above tests are normal further testing can be done including - nerve conduction studies, Electromyography, etc. These tests might help to diagnose any underlying neurological issues.
The treatment of most of the conditions is very easy and the condition will resolve on its own. In some cases, prescription medications might be needed to stop severe symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Consumed marijuana accidentally hyperventilating random muscles twitches treatment
- Thyroid nodule muscle twitching
- Treatment for premature ejaculation nervousness shaking and muscle twitching
- Treatment of muscle twitching
- Treatment and cure for muscle twitches
- Having back muscle twitching suggest the treatment
- Treatment for shaky hands muscle twitching and jumping in sleep
- Topical treatments for muscle twitches
- Have muscle twitching in right flank area suggestions
- Treatment for pelvic muscle twitches
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?