• question-icon

Suggest treatment for muscle tightness in right calf

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi,
I am a 51 year old lady and I had a muscle tightness in my right calf for about 3 months. I went to a vascular specialist and had a sonogram done on my legs and they did not find any large veins and I was told my veins were of a normal size. I was told to wear compression stockings. I have been noticing that my have been swollen and it just feel like I have an ongoing charley horse and it pains when I touch my legs and when I walk. I literally have to walk it out so the pain kind of moves and so that I can walk without limping. I think I need a second opinion and want to know what should I check out next.
Answered by Dr. Rishi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be DVT or CVI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam.
Do you suffer from any other diseases like Diabetes or Heart disease?
The Vascular Specialist would have gotten a Doppler test done for your leg. Do you have that report? This would help me to know the details. You could be having Deep vein thrombosis or Chronic venous insufficiency. At our Vascular center we manage with Stockings and limb elevation along with Tab Daflon 500mg twice a day for three months. If you send me the report I could comment with greater certainty.
Take care and do let me know if there are other queries on this issue.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon