Suggest treatment for muscle strain below shoulders
Might need some kind of physiotherapy.
Hi XXXX! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.
Even though the discomfort you have stated could just be due to a muscle strain while playing golf, if I were your doctor, considering the age factor, I would advise you for a routine blood test like CBC, Blood sugar and serum lipid profile, a routine ECG and also record your blood pressure.
If all the reports are in significant, then I would advise you for a plain X ray of your cervical spine, followed by an MRI of the same area if need be to rule out any chance of a nerve compression in the cervical region due to a non suspecting cervical spondylitis. I would then advise you for some anti inflammatory along with a muscle relaxant, and refer you to a physiotherapist for some kind of short wave diathermy, or an ultrasonic massage or similar such kind of intervention. I am hopeful that with this strategy in your management, you would be comfortable gradually, as the improvement in such cases could be slow.
I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.
Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. I wish you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pictorial shoulder exercises for muscle strain
- Abdominal muscle strain below ribs
- Treatment and cure for muscle strain/spasm
- Suggest treatment for muscle strain with red spots
- Treatment and cure for muscle strain
- Sartorius muscle strain treatment
- Suggest treatment for muscle strain in neck and lower back
- Trapezius muscle strain treatment
- Suggest treatment for muscle strain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to muscle strain
- Having COPD. Tired and weak. Medical cure for this?
- Could not remember words and password as though everything is erased...
- Having abdominal pain. Colonoscopy and ultrasound were normal. Endoscopy...
- Itching on foreskin and soreness of glans. Using canesten ointment. Any...
- Bloating and abdominal discomfort due to bowel section. Taking coloxyl,...
- Itching in anus and rash on buttocks. Suggest treatment
- Have constant headache and diagnosed with allergies. Took allegra. Pain...
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal pain?
- Having diarrhea and passes ball segments. What could be this?
- Taking antibiotics for typhoid and still having fever. Is the antibiotic...