Suggest treatment for muscle pain in the upper leg

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi there. On Tues of last week, I woke up really late for me at 11am and could not get out of bed due to extreme muscle pain. Since that day it has been extremely difficult. I needed a walker. Every single muscle that is used in my power walk was affected and the pain in my upper leg and quads are the remaining problem. My Dr had not much help . I don't think she has a clue. Do you have any ideas.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be electrolyte imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
A feeling of loss of strength in the muscles can be related to calcium or magnesium or vitamin D3 deficiency which can be detected after simple blood tests. This can be related to a neurological issue also. Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis also needs to be ruled out. In case the blood test comes normal then consulting a neurologist will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T