Suggest treatment for muscle pain in legs and thighs
Muscle spasm, Locking of knee
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understood your problem.
According to the history you have provided, it appears that your suffer from frequent muscle spasm in the thigh or calf region.
This could be due to many causes like dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, calcium deficiency, spine disorders, meniscus tear or other pathology that can cause muscle spasm about the knee joint.
You had mentioned tat your knee does not get straight. This could be due to meniscus cartilage tear in your knee that causes it to flip around and cause locking in your knee. This is common in old trauma to the knee or degenerative arthritis of the knee.
I would advise you to avoid squatting, cross leg sitting or kneeling. If you have chronic knee pain you can wear a knee cap. Eat healthy. Keep well hydrated to avoid dehydration and electrolyte imbalance that can causes cramps. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables.
Kindly consult your Orthopaedic surgeon to get a thorough examination and necessary investigations like Xray or MRI to rule out arthritis, meniscus tear and also electrolyte imbalance with laboratory tests.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available for follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for muscle pain
- Suggest treatment for muscle pain
- Suggest treatment for leg muscle pain and cough
- Suggest treatment for muscle pain on legs
- Front thigh muscle pain
- Masseter muscle pain treatment
- Upper thigh muscle pain
- Tight thigh muscles pain
- Sartorius muscle pain and treatment
- Suggest treatment for back and muscle pain
- Suggest treatment for loss of movement in left arm post injury
- What causes stabbing pain behind left breast while breathing?
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- What causes painful legs while walking in a person with peripheral...
- Is weight training advisable 2 weeks after a shot for trigger finger?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in legs after exercising
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the heels
- Suggest treatment for tibia pain, weakness and memory loss
- What causes severe discoloration and swelling in left leg?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided back and hip pain