question-icon

Suggest Treatment For Muscle Cramps

Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017
Question: Hello Doc,

I am having severe muscle catch these days. Every time i stretch my muscle to get hold of something little far or stretch and even some times yawn am having these muscle catches. This is giving me severe pain and is settled after a long time sometimes more than an hour. Could you please advise.
Answered by Dr. Dr.Arnab (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
you need to get clinically examined and investigated further..

Detailed Answer:
Hello Bxxxxxxxxh, Welcome back to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

I believe you meant to say muscle Cramp here.. First of all, drink plenty of water (at least 2.5 ltr), fresh fruit juices and electrolytes throughout the day to remain well hydrated...

It can even be due to some nutritional deficiencies also (most notably Calcium, Potassium and/ Vit D3), for which I'd recommend going for a comprehensive health check-up(if not done already)...

Do not involve in any strenuous activities for the time being as it may further worsen the cramps...

I'd suggest a thorough clinical examination by an Internal Medicine Specialist along with a few relevant investigation (CBC, Vitamin B12 level, serum Calcium, Sodium, Potassium, Vit D3 level, Urea, Creatinine, ESR etc.) for further management...

Treatment is mainly by appropriate daily supplementation accordingly. So, nothing to worry, go for it (visit the Internal Medicine Specialist) to get examined and investigated (as mentioned) followed by treatment for this under supervision...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Dr.Arnab

Critical Care Specialist