• question-icon

Suggest treatment for multiple vertebral fractures

Posted on Tue, 21 Feb 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Hi. I had spine surgery about a month ago because of deterioration of the vertebra and numerous vertebral fractures. The surgery seems to be working wonderfully. About 2 weeks before my surgery I started having pain in my leg joints where my legs attach to my pelvis, especially in my right leg. Now the pain is going down the inside of my right leg and it's difficult to walk sometimes.
Do you have any suggestions about what I can do to ameliorate the pain? Thank you.

M. Brink
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to arthritis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the leg and joints that you have can be due to arthritis or muscle spasm or due to mild nerve root compression at the level of vertebrae. You can take oral muscle relaxant and start with regular calcium and vitamin D3 supplements ad see if it helps.
Doing a hot compress and application of local analgesic gel will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon