Suggest treatment for multiple small follicles in both ovaries

Dr. Nidhi Setia

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: they are small follicles in each ovary of mine. can I get pregnant
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
follicles contain eggs which are released during ovulation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome here.
I understand your concerns.

A follicle is a fluid filled sac that contains the egg that is released during ovulation. Your ovaries contain hundreds of thousands of these eggs in follicles. At the start of any given cycle, your body releases hormones that tell the follicles in your ovaries to start growing and maturing. Usually, a few will start growing, but as you get closer to ovulation, one follicle will become the dominant one. This is the one that will release the egg at ovulation time.

A follicle that is a healthy size means that the egg is probably good quality and nicely matured, which increases your chances of pregnancy. Immature eggs or eggs that are too old can hinder conception.

The best time to have sex to maximize your chances of pregnancy are the three days leading up to ovulation, the day of ovulation and the day after. That is your fertile window, and during that time, you have the highest chance of pregnancy.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
Thanks.