Suggest treatment for multinodular goiter

Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I have been diagnosed with modular Goiter. No symptoms of trouble with my thyroid. One of the nodules is two cm. should I get a biopsy.

Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Goiter

Detailed Answer:
You will need a blood test called TSH to check your thyroid function first. If it is abnormal then further tests will be necessary. The decision for biopsy will be based on the results of this tests in addition to ultrasound characteristics of the nodules. A thorough physical examination will be helpful too
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy