Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment for mucus in back of throat

Question
For a year i have been having mucus in the back of my throat, face pressure left jaw clicks everytime i open it, tension in my neck. Is there a cure for this?
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Allergy , cold , flu, Temporomandibular disorder.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic

This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query .

Read your query , understand your concern as you have mucus in throat this can be due to Cold l flu , Allergies ,sinus infection , Drug induced , changing weather , certain foods like spicy food , or reflux of gastric acid . For this I will suggest you to Do XXXXXXX warm saline gargle two - three times a day, you can take steam inhalation two - three times a day, You can take Antihistamine drug like Levocetrizine and omeprazole by consulting with your local doctor .

As you feel like face pressure on left jaw and clicking sound on opening mouth this indicates temporomandibular joint disorder . For clicking sound and tension in neck region you can take some precautions like :
-Avoid excessive mouth opening .
- Do Hot formentation (take towel soak in warm water squeeze it and apply on jaw of both side and neck
Region )
- Take soft diet for few days .
- You can take Drug Muscle relaxtant like Flexon MR or Myospaz Forte by consulting with your local doctor .

Hope this information will help you .
Hope I have answered your query , if you have further query feel free to ask I will be happy to help.