• question-icon

Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am very paranoid person, has all my sti and blood ago tests down three months ago clear, am extremely paranoid of herpes.
Two weeks ago I mistakenly was with a guy who I'm almost certain doesn't have anything but of course now for two weeks I've been paranoid and been checking my genitals at least ten times a day, rubbing to feel for bumps and now I feel a burning sensation but not sure if it's just cause I've been irritating the area. No bumps that I can see or itch. I've had a few bv before and maybe I have one now. i also had a small bump on roof of my mouth and popped it few days ago so now it's open sore and now I'm paranoid it is a cold sore.... please help my anxiety is going crazy
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Aphthous ulcer

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern and am sorry for your distress

Based on your description, its likely to be an aphthous ulcer. Local treatment with Bonjela ointment alone would suffice. Folic acid and B-12 supplementation may also be done in addition to the local therapy. Antibiotics like Doxycycline may help in quicker resolution.

I would also like to ease your mind by telling you that these are not the signs and symptoms of a herpes infection.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 20 minutes later
Alright and what about my genitals? The feeling I'm getting from there? I'm not sure if it's all in my head or not?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Location of the sensation

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

The genitals can be examined. If there is no discernible lesion then it's unlikely to be a physical issue.

Kindly specify what area exactly in the genitals is experiencing the burning sensation.

Is there any pain or frequent urination associated with it

Wishing you best of health

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 19 hours later
It's more of an irritation feeling in around vaginal opening and no bumps, well there is one that has been there for over a year and I've had it checked a few times. So I'm wondering then would that be a bv? I also have fishy smell
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

The bump you mentioned, needs to be physically examined and if it has persisted for this long then a biopsy can be advised.

Speculum exam, whiff test and wet mount microscopy can be done to look for evidence of BV and treat it accordingly with metronidazole or clindamycin.

Fishy odor is characteristic of BV. Itching and burning aren't usually there.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 17 hours later
The small pearl lump is by my vaginal opening on left side, it's been there for over a year now, I had all my sti tests and sti blood tests done and the doctor examined it, I've actually had three different doctors examine it. They say it's nothing but as I told them all every once in awhile it's irritated, not hurts to pee not hurts to touch and has not changed in any way. So I'm confused and again now it's irritating
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

As I mentioned, in the previous answer that if it has persisted for this long then it should be removed after examination. Most probably, it would be benign with thickened secretion. But one can have piece of mind by knowing the exact histopathological diagnosis.

You may apprise your GP/gynecologist of this view.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 41 hours later
Yes I will, what could it be? I seem to feel it more noticeable on my period and I think I am irritating it more by checking it all the time. This is not herpes is it?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

No, the description doesn't fit herpes. Herpes lesions are painful and don't present with periodic irritation and itching.

In my view, Its most likely hardened secretion due to a blocked and infected hair follicle.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil