Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers while on Norflox for an upset stomach

Question
I have taken Norflox for stomach upset but I have developed severe mouth ulcers (behind upper lips). It's very serious, can I know reason and remedy.
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Due to loss of intestinal flora

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

Antibiotics like Norflox cannot distinguish between good and bad bacteria and therefore eliminate the good bacteria that otherwise produce vitamin B12 in our intestines. Deficiency of the B vitamins is the likely cause of the mouth ulcers. Taking vitamin B complex tablets for a week or so should help.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers while on Norflox for an upset stomach 3 hours later
thank you doctor. Are the medicines dologel and mucopain gel good enough for servers ulcerative condition as my upper lips are really very swollen and has developed complete unlcer almost on all around in back side of upper lips.
can you suggest better medicines for very immediate relief.
thanks and regards

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take vitamin B complex supplements

Detailed Answer:
Mucopain will provide a local soothing effect while dologel will reduce the associated pain but none of them will affect the healing. The healing will occur on its own. Taking B complex capsules should help in the healing of the ulcers.

Taking curd or yogurt can help since it contains beneficial bacteria which would help in resuming the balance of intestinal flora.