Suggest treatment for mouth ulcer

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 24 Feb 2015 in Dental Health
Question: I have pain in my back bottom tooth/gum and a small canker sore. Ive had it for over a week. Dentist did an x ray and said it isnt the tooth.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will recommend mouth wash and Tylenol!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am happy to know an x-ray showed no problem with the tooth. This is reassuring and leaves us knowing that managing the sore in the lone problem.

For this, I will recommend that you take Tylenol for pain control and a mouth wash for oral disinfection. This would make you feel comfortable and gain time while the sores heal.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Let me know how well you feel about this.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 minutes later
The sore is small. Could there be problems down deeper?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
I don't think so!

Detailed Answer:
Most oral sores are small and but for the discomfort in terms of pain, they never really have more ramifications. Try the above measures and if things don't improve significantly within a week, please let me know.

I wish you well.