Suggest treatment for motion sickness

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I usually feel uneasy in bus travel. Do not like to eat anything because of vomit feeling. Avoid talking to anybody and try to pass my time being in silo.
Can not read anything like magazines etc.

Is it normal?

Please let me know if there is any tablet which I should have before Bus travel so that I can feel better during the journey.

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cinnarizine along with domperidone can be helpful...

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms you described are suggestive of motion sickness. It occurs due to disturbance of balancing system - the vestibular system of ear. In such case I suggest cinnarizine tablet (stugerone) along with domperidone (domstal) half an hour before travel. This should make your journey better and uneventful.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you need clarifications.