Suggest treatment for motion sickness

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Thu, 23 Apr 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: my mother, a 65 yo female who takes meds for high blood pressure (bp) is traveling on vacation. during train travel, she became nauseous and took one Dramamine. shortly afterwards, she became loopy and drowsy, but the nausea never went away. i looked on the Internet and learned that Dramamine lowers the blood pressure. i went to Rite Aid and bought a portable machine. her bp is ranging between 109/68 and 100/52. the question is whether taking the Dramamine was a bad thing and if we should take her to hospital. she states that she feels better since she vomited.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its normal motion sicknes in my opinion

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question in detail, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.

Such episodes are common in train ..or road travel..

It can be due to so many things other than thay of low blood pressure ( which she doesnt have according to your BP apparatus)

it might be motion sickness or stomach upset.

As you told she is improving.

In my opinion you don't have to worry just try not to travel and take rest.

Will take a couple of days and she will be all better.

Just needs some fluids and rest nothing big.

Wish her the best of health :)

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad