Suggest treatment for mood swings

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Wed, 17 Dec 2014 in Mental Health
Question: Hello. I was raised with so much pessimism. My biological father died when a was 13 months old. From the time that I remember, my Mother's family, who helped raise me--under the circumstances; have always talked openly about death. It was constant in conversation, always in the background. My moods change frequently.
I guess, this is hard to admit, I control it with beer. Sorry to pile this on you, I just filled out this questionnaire and it led me to this. I would welcome any thoughts that you might have.Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am on Lyrica,Crestor,Synthriod,Mylan Verapamill
SR 120 plus SR 240. Once again, thanks.
Thanks you.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
psychotherapy may help if you feel depressed

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I will be able to help you.

There is a very good condition in the query. The comments from your query make it obvious that you have insight into the problem. It's obvious that you know that you have a problem and also why you have it.

The point is that you know that the problem are due to the problems faced. So why not change the way they work. It's for you to start a new way of thinking. In fact there is a strong probability that if you start a new way, the members of the family may also change.

You can try to change the deck of cards for yourself and your family.

I hope that this helps. Please feel free to contact me for further assistance. I will be glad to hear from you.
Best of luck.
Dr Mittal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D