Suggest treatment for mononucleosis
NO specific drug needed!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this probable diagnosis of mono. There is no specific drug for this. We only manage the symptoms of body aches, fevers, tiredness but improving on diet and common pain and fever medications. No antibiotics are prescribed for this. Of importance is to stay away from contact sport as the spleen is fragile and least contact can cause the spleen too rupture. Rest, rest and rest is highly recommended. Otherwise, there is no specific drug that treats the virus causing mono.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mononucleosis in adults
- Costochondritis mononucleosis
- Flu-like symptoms history of glandular fever infectious mononucleosis treatment
- Treatment and cure for Infectious mononucleosis
- Treatment and cure for brucella, infectious mononucleosis
- Consequences of mononucleosis
- Mononucleosis amantadine
- Treatment and cure for typhoid, infectious mononucleosis
- Mononucleosis ecstasy
- Treatment and cure for mononucleosis
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?