question-icon

Suggest treatment for mononucleosis

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016
Question: is there a treatment for mono?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
NO specific drug needed!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this probable diagnosis of mono. There is no specific drug for this. We only manage the symptoms of body aches, fevers, tiredness but improving on diet and common pain and fever medications. No antibiotics are prescribed for this. Of importance is to stay away from contact sport as the spleen is fragile and least contact can cause the spleen too rupture. Rest, rest and rest is highly recommended. Otherwise, there is no specific drug that treats the virus causing mono.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Ivo Ditah