Suggest treatment for molluscum contagiosum

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: ahhhhhhh!!!!! is this molluscum? one on the shaft ive been told was not and it seemed to be going away but notice this other under my leg....losing it !!!!!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
better photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photographs.
The photographs are not clear.
Can you please upload a better close up photograph.
I would also like to know whether you have any other symptoms like itch or pain in these lesions.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 40 minutes later
fone on leg looked like a skin tag....i tried pulli g it off like an idiot
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
looking like mollusum

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the photographs.
Yes it is looking like molluscum.
You mentioned pulling one of these.
Was there any white material in the one you pulled out?
Usually there is whitish material in molluscum lesions.
Please answer the above.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 minutes later
no it hardly bled too......in the past when i pulled them off the bled a lot.....i was wondering if this could be scar tissue or a skin tag.....i know you can get mulluscum again after its gone but jeeeez what a coincidence
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 days later
Brief Answer:
it can be skin tag

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Yes it can be a skin tag.
Firstly it is hard to pull a molluscum lesion while skin tag can be easily pulled and secondly some amount of white material always comes out from molluscum lesions.
You don't need to worry much. If you ate developing fresh lesions a dermatologists consultation might be required.
Feel free to ask any other doubts.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 34 minutes later
i couldnt get into a dermatologist so i saw a eurologist and a common care doctor....both agreed they looked like skin tags, the inflammed one looked like molluscum because it was inflammed.....they didnt rule out molluscum but said it was unlikley because even though i had it once the papules are gone the virus was gone and i cant get it again unless i come in skin to skin contact with it ( hell of a coincidence) suggested i put duct tape over them and see if they go away and just keep an eye on things.....any other suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
it will heal on it's own

Detailed Answer:
Hello
You don't need to worry at all.
Even if it is molluscum, body will slowly develop immunity against it.
Soon you will recover and lesions won't appear next time.
Just keep a watch on the lesions and don't try to rupture them.
Let me know if you want to know anything else.
Thank you