Suggest treatment for mixed anxiety depressive disorder

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Question: Hi, My name is XXXXXXX I Have following problem form last 5 year and consulted with Psychiatrist. currently just started xet cr 12.5 mg on a daily basis. Problem to co-relate any words during speaking Forcing mind to recall any activity have done in past Unable to explain myself always blaming myself like may be I am wrong for this work Fear to speak - Giving presentation Feeling Guilty Keep repeating some work like checking Locks, doors, documents..etc speaking problem - like finding words, Forcing brain to speak particular word or phrase Less interaction with people Problem in decision making - Going for shopping, outing, Call to someone etc.. Writing problem - forget spelling, not sure about words and phrase. Always confused what to do Unable to remember Nature - Casual attitude - like - let it be. Keep doubting the people like what they exactly talking about me, what thinking about me. sometime replying my question - people feels like I am talking alone or I am thinking always Fear - Like I will die when I will go to sleep in night by heart attack. Problem in sleeping Difficulty to understand any situation or reading any paragraph. is it right medicine to have this. Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Good and right antidepressant according to symptom Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for choosing healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would try to solve your query. Base upon the symptoms you have mentioned, i think you have mixed anxiety depressive disorder. That means you have symptoms of both depression and anxiety disorder. In this, treatment of choice is antidepressants which include SSRIs, SNRIs, TCAs etc. Choice of antidepressant depends upon clinical outcome and psychiatrist personal experience with drugs. Clinical studies also play their role and these studies show that Paroxetine (XET CR) is very good antidepressant in patient with depression and anxiety symptoms. Paroxetine would take 7 to 10 days to show its response and would give you relief from problem. You have to take this drug for long period that depend upon the improvement. There are certain side effects with drug like delay ejaculation, nausea, gastric upset a little bit sedation etc, but these would not stay for long. In short, this is the among best antidepressant and if you are mine patient, i would have prescribed you the same. I think with that answer you would feel satisfied. In case you need further help, you can connect me. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E