Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

181 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for mitral valve regurgitation

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash


Practicing since :1969

Answered : 12702 Questions

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Good morning doctor!I was diagnosed for mild mitral valve regurtation how bad is this. I am very woried right now. Is this treatable? Ty
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 4 minutes later
it can be treated. get examined by cardiologist for clinical examination and treatment should be started. if no relief then surgery is option for which mitral vulve replacement can be planed for which cardiac surgeon can be consulted.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 6 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be treated so consult cardiac surgeon for advise.

Detailed Answer:
Mention not, start consultation as advised and you will be completely alright.
Surgery is widely practiced and success rate is high.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on